Of course, there are many providers who offer this type of training. Then why CANSCOTT? Our consultants come from industry and have both supervisory and managerial experience. We understand the frustration of receiving an RCA that states: “fire caused by sparks”, or “injury caused by complacency”. We know “what good looks like” and we will ensure participants understand the importance of:
*a proper, thorough investigation following established procedures
*using an incident investigation kit
*collecting hard data including the “how to”
*getting witness statements while avoiding potential collusion
*interview prep and interviews using the funnel technique
*reviewing data and documenting all contributing factors and establishing causal factors
*causation review and getting to root cause(s) using the 5 Why’s analysis and other tools
*report writing with proper sequence of events and electronic submission of documentation if required by Client
* recommending actions to prevent the reoccurrence
As usual you can expect our delivery style to include relevant case studies and real-life industry examples to reinforce the lecture and more importantly the learning.
A close cousin to our hallmark Industrial Supervisor series, this new training program is designed with the regional district or municipal supervisor in mind. With tailormade content specific to the public sector, and available both in-person or virtually, this 3-module program is a must have for all regional districts and municipalities.
Table of Contents – Module 1 of the Complete & Industrial Supervisor – virtual-CANSCOTT©:
- What it is to be an Agent of the Employer.
- Workplace privacy law and the Supervisor.
- Why documentation is important? “How to” effectively document.
- The respectful workplace.
- Occupational health & safety “Due Diligence”.
- Communication skills & crew talks.
- Coaching & feedback. An introduction to performance management.
- Employee relations introduction.
- The fundamental skills of effective supervision & leadership.