The Duty to Accommodate: Manager’s Program
Canadian employers have a legal obligation to accommodate employees to the point of undue hardship. What is accommodation? What is undue hardship? These questions and more will be answered during this very interactive program.
The 4-hour program explores some of the more contemporary accommodation issues such as: mental illness, duty to inquire, Covid-19, gender transition, medical cannabis / zero tolerance policies and a whole lot more.
Accommodation is an important human rights issue that requires a delicate balance of empathy, trust, credibility, and perseverance. As usual, we approach this topic from the perspective of the employer and provide participants with practical solutions to issues facing the modern manager.
Course Content 4-Hour Session
- Words & Terms of the Duty to Accommodate
- Human Rights Review
- Understanding the Accommodation Process
- Mental Disabilities & the Duty
- Important Things to Know
- Covid-19 & the Duty
- Transitioning Employees & the Duty
- Medical Cannabis & the Duty?
- Zero Tolerance Drug & Alcohol Policies & the Duty